Who Is ELC Of Duval?
- ELC of Duval is the one-stop resource for information about early learning experiences in Jacksonville and Duval County.
- Early learning experiences are important for lifelong success because the majority of brain development occurs in early childhood.
- ELC of Duval is similar to the school board but for child care programs.
ELC of Duval helps:
- families get their children into early learning care,
- provide child care financial assistance, and
- child care providers improve the quality of their early learning program.
We are Jacksonville’s first stop for early learning through collaborative leadership that ensures:
- All children receive high quality care and learning
- All families have the support they need for their children to succeed
- All children are ready for their academic and lifelong success
To lead and support the early learning community in building the best foundation for children birth to five.
- Goal 1: School readiness programs prepare children for success in school.
- Goal 2: School readiness programs involve parents as their first teachers.
- Goal 3: School readiness programs shall be an integrated and seamless system of services and shall be implemented through local coalitions.
- Goal 4: School readiness programs shall be coordinated and funding integrated to achieve effectiveness and efficiency.
- Quality – “We believe every child deserves excellence in early learning programs and services to make a difference in their lives and our community.”
- Integrity – “We believe integrity is the bedrock of a trustworthy organization which promotes effective relationships and assures mindful stewardship of state resources.”
- Respect – “We believe is essential to building the relationships that are critical to success and optimizing the talents and diversity of our families and partners.”
- Education – “We believe ongoing education and advocacy promotes positive early learning experiences, providing all children the opportunity to succeed.”
- Service – “We believe families and providers are unique and we strive to understand, appreciate, and serve their needs.”
- Teamwork – “We believe working together results in a stronger organization and community.”
Early Learning Coalition of Duval,
- Created by the Florida Legislature in 1999.
- Incorporated in 2000.
- Purpose was to ensure preschool-aged children from low-income working families in Duval County are prepared to enter kindergarten ready to learn and experience success.
- Florida Statute Section 411.01 requires that School Readiness services be offered on a full-day, full-year, full choice to the extent possible in order to enable parents to work and be financially self-sufficient.
- Local oversight and administration of the Voluntary Pre- Kindergarten program in Duval County was added in 2005.
- Member of partnerships and community wide efforts to improve early learning in Jacksonville and Duval County.
- Oversight and administration of the School Readiness Child Care Financial Assistance program in Duval County was added in 2012.
Announcements & Events
GROW UP GREAT CHILDREN'S CLOSET
The Grow Up Great Children's Closet has a new location. Read More
READ, READ, READ!
Did you know that reading to infants and young children promotes brain development? Try these read aloud
2018-2019 VPK REGISTRATION IS OPEN!
Enroll now in Florida's Voluntary Pre-Kindergarten Education Program. Read More
CALLING ALL FOUR YEAR OLDS!
Sign up for Jax Kids free book club here. It's free to all 4-year-olds! Sign up here: Read More
CHECK US OUT!