Who Is ELC Of Duval?
- ELC of Duval is the one-stop resource for information about early learning experiences in Jacksonville and Duval County.
- Early learning experiences are important for lifelong success because the majority of brain development occurs in early childhood.
- ELC of Duval is similar to the school board but for child care programs.
ELC of Duval helps:
- families get their children into early learning care,
- provide child care financial assistance, and
- child care providers improve the quality of their early learning program.
We are Jacksonville’s first stop for early learning through collaborative leadership that ensures:
- All children receive high quality care and learning
- All families have the support they need for their children to succeed
- All children are ready for their academic and lifelong success
To lead and support the early learning community in building the best foundation for children birth to five.
- Goal 1: School readiness programs prepare children for success in school.
- Goal 2: School readiness programs involve parents as their first teachers.
- Goal 3: School readiness programs shall be an integrated and seamless system of services and shall be implemented through local coalitions.
- Goal 4: School readiness programs shall be coordinated and funding integrated to achieve effectiveness and efficiency.
- Quality – “We believe every child deserves excellence in early learning programs and services to make a difference in their lives and our community.”
- Integrity – “We believe integrity is the bedrock of a trustworthy organization which promotes effective relationships and assures mindful stewardship of state resources.”
- Respect – “We believe is essential to building the relationships that are critical to success and optimizing the talents and diversity of our families and partners.”
- Education – “We believe ongoing education and advocacy promotes positive early learning experiences, providing all children the opportunity to succeed.”
- Service – “We believe families and providers are unique and we strive to understand, appreciate, and serve their needs.”
- Teamwork – “We believe working together results in a stronger organization and community.”
Early Learning Coalition of Duval,
- Created by the Florida Legislature in 1999.
- Incorporated in 2000.
- Purpose was to ensure preschool-aged children from low-income working families in Duval County are prepared to enter kindergarten ready to learn and experience success.
- Florida Statute Section 411.01 requires that School Readiness services be offered on a full-day, full-year, full choice to the extent possible in order to enable parents to work and be financially self-sufficient.
- Local oversight and administration of the Voluntary Pre- Kindergarten program in Duval County was added in 2005.
- Member of partnerships and community wide efforts to improve early learning in Jacksonville and Duval County.
- Oversight and administration of the School Readiness Child Care Financial Assistance program in Duval County was added in 2012.
Announcements & Events
Free screenings for children, ages 4-months to 5-years at Keiser University's Scare Fair Open House. The event... Read More
GROW UP GREAT CHILDREN'S CLOSET
The Grow Up Great Children's Closet is open the first Friday of each month on a first come, first serve basis.... Read More
READ, READ, READ!
Did you know that reading to infants and young children promotes brain development? Try these read aloud
2018-2019 VPK REGISTRATION IS OPEN!
Enroll now in Florida's Voluntary Pre-Kindergarten Education Program. Read More
CALLING ALL FOUR YEAR OLDS!
Sign up for Jax Kids free book club here. It's free to all 4-year-olds! Sign up here: Read More