Guiding Stars of Duval (GSOD) is THE quality rating improvement system for child care providers in Duval County. Child care centers and family child care homes can both volunteer to be a part of this program. GSOD participants commit to not only meeting the basic requirements for licensing set by the State of Florida, but they also agree to hold themselves accountable to higher standards by providing quality education and by helping children prepare for school. They also work hard to ensure all children in their care are safe, healthy, and happy.
- If you are a child care center who is interested in participating on a voluntary basis, email Lashonda Hicks or call her at (904) 208-2044.
- You can also click on the red button below to view a list of child care centers and family child care homes that voluntarily participate.
- More Than Baby Talk
- Social Emotional Development
- ITRCC Resources for Teachers
- Video: Infants and Toddlers – Role of the teacher to support children’s development