School Readiness Child Care Financial Assistance allows eligible families to offset the expense of child care by paying a reduced parent fee.
School Readiness child care assistance is available to families who:
- Are at or below 150% of the Federal Poverty Level; AND
- Are employed at least 20 hours per week OR a student taking at least 12 credit hours.
- What does School Readiness pay for?
- Families need to apply through the Family Portal.
- Once you apply, your application will be reviewed and you will be contacted by a C&FR staff person by email. If you are potentially eligible, you will be placed on the Wait List until enrollment takes place, depending on availability of funding.
- Once funding for School Readiness becomes available, it's distributed on a first-come, first-serve basis and an application packet will be mailed to your residence.
Please call ELC monthly to verify your information and check your status on the wait list. If you move, be sure to update your address. For any questions, contact Child & Family Resources at 904-208-2044 x1 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Success By Six: This is a partnership between the Early Learning Coalition of Duval and the United Way of Northeast Florida. The program offers FREE two-year scholarships for families of 3-year-olds. Eligible families are awarded a scholarship and agree to be a part of this program for two years and participate in the family programs provided. Families must be employed 20 hours a week or more and have a gross annual income of 130-200% of the federal poverty level.
Voluntary Pre-Kindergarten (VPK):. There is no income eligibility requirement for families to participate in this FREE Pre-K program. To be eligible, children must be Florida residents and turn 4 years old by September 1 of the school year.
Lutheran Services Florida Head Start/Early Head Start Program: This FREE preschool program serves pregnant women and children from birth to three years of age; and children 3 or 4 years of age by September 1st of a program year or age 5 by September 2nd or later. Head Start/Early Head Start is a free preschool program for all who qualify. Call Head Start at 904-423-8637.
Episcopal Children's Services Early Head Start Program: This FREE preschool program serves pregnant women and children from birth to three years of age. There may be some income requirements associated with this program. Call 904-726-1500 for program information.
Announcements & Events
Free Parent Empowerment WorkshopsJoin the ELC of Duval's Family Engagement team, along with supportive parents, and attend one or two free, virtua... Read More
Free Child Care Resource & ReferralFree Child Care Resource and Referral is available to all families seeking information on quality chil... Read More
Northside Office Has RelocatedThe ELC of Duval's Northside office has relocated to 2255 Dunn Avenue, Bldg. 100, Suite ... Read More
Have Your Registered Your Child for VPK?Don't wait to register for Voluntary Prekindergarten! Now is the time! CLICK HERE FOR ... Read More
CHECK US OUT!Make sure to check us out on FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM, and TWITTER for important information, events and resourc... Read More