REGISTRATION FOR 2017-2018 IS OPEN!
The Voluntary Prekindergarten Education Program – or VPK – is a free prekindergarten program for 4-year-olds who reside in Florida and were born on or before Sept. 1 each year.
To be eligible for VPK, you must submit a complete application, including the documents below:
- For the 2017-2018 program year, children living in Florida must have been born between September 2, 2012 and September 1, 2013.
- Families will need to have or will need to set up, a working email address. (Gmail and Yahoo offer free accounts, but you are responsible for your password).
Start the registration process by clicking on the red button below.
- Access to the internet and a scanner.
- Your child’s Social Security number.
- One proof of current residency: driver’s license, utility bill, or paystub.
- One proof of your child's age: birth certificate, passport, shot records or military ID.
Families will need to separately scan and submit supporting age and residency documents in PDF format.
CLICK HERE for a list of eligible VPK Providers.
After reviewing the application and supporting documents, ELC staff will email families their Certificate of Eligibility within five (5) business days. Families must then print the certificate and take it to the provider of their choosing, or they may email it directly to the provider.
Don't have access to a computer or scanner to enroll your child online? No problem!!!!! Families may visit our offices during walk-in hours (7:00 am – 5:30 pm) to use our computers and scanners.
- Child Care Provider Listings by Zip Code
- Child Care Provider Listings in Alphabetical Order (Subject to change for 2016-2017 program year.)
- Parent Applications
- VPK Provider Profiles Inquiry
- VPK Readiness Rate Information
- VPK Documentation
- VPK Links, Resources and Publications
- FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT VPK
- Directions to ELC Offices and Hours
- You can also EMAIL us for customized VPK Information or call 904-208-2044, Ext. 1
Early Learning Coalitions across Florida are partnering with Florida Pre-Paid College Savings Plan to promote enrollment of your VPK child into this program now and have their college paid for before graduation! Click the image below for more information.
- Florida Dept. of Education (Early Learning & VPK Info)
- Dept. of Children & Families (DCF) VPK Provider Search and Profile
- Duval County Public Schools
- Please also visit our Community Partners tab for additional resources.
Readiness Rates are determined by a series of assessments given to public kindergarten students in the first 30 days of Kindergarten.
- To see an illustration of how VPK Readiness Rates are calculated, CLICK HERE.
- Duval County VPK Providers Readiness Rates
- VPK Readiness Rate Search
- Visit our Reports & Research page to view ELC of Duval's Annual Report, school readiness rates. etc.
Providers On Probation (POP) are those who fall below 70% of children scoring "Ready" on the Florida Kindergarten Readiness Screener (FLKRS). The minimum rate is adopted by the State Board of Education.
“Jacksonville's VPK providers and our community partners deserve praise for the collaborative achievement we have made in our city to ensure educational success for our children.
Once again we have seen the difference a quality early education can make in the lives of Jacksonville’s youngest citizens and how it equips the children of Duval County with the tools they need to succeed in school.”
— Susan Main, ELC of Duval, Executive Director
Announcements & Events
GROW UP GREAT CHILDREN'S CLOSET
The "Grow Up Great Children's Closet" will open the first Friday of each month at 5216 North Pearl S... Read More
The 5-year waiting period has been eliminated! As of July 1st, all lawfully residing children in Florida may... Read More
Enroll Now for VPK!
Registration for the Voluntary Pre-Kindergarten Education Program - or VPK - is now open for the 2017-2018&nb... Read More
CALLING ALL FOUR YEAR OLDS!
Sign up for Jax Kids free book club here Read More
A Day without Child Care