REGISTRATION FOR 2017-2018 IS OPEN!
The Voluntary Prekindergarten Education Program – or VPK – is a free prekindergarten program for 4-year-olds who reside in Florida and were born on or before September 1st of each program year.
To be eligible for VPK, you must submit a complete application, including the documents below:
- For the 2017-2018 program year, children living in Florida must have been born between September 2, 2012 and September 1, 2013.
1. Families need to have a working email address
2. Start the registration process by clicking on the red box below
- CLICK HERE for a list of documentation needed to enroll your child in VPK
- Families will need to separately scan and submit supporting age and residency documents in PDF format
- CLICK HERE for a list of eligible VPK providers
After reviewing the application and supporting documents, ELC staff will email families their Certificate of Eligibility within five (5) business days. Families must then print the certificate and take it to the provider of their choosing, or they may email it directly to the provider.
If you don't have access to a computer or scanner to enroll your child online, visit any ELC Office during walk-in hours (Monday-Thursday, 7:00 am – 5:30 pm) to use our equipment.
- Child Care Provider Listings by Zip Code
- Child Care Provider Listings in Alphabetical Order
- Parent Applications
- VPK Provider Profiles Inquiry
- VPK Readiness Rate Information
- VPK Documentation
- VPK Links, Resources and Publications
- Frequently Asked Questions about VPK
- Directions to ELC Offices and Hours
Early Learning Coalitions across Florida are partnering with Florida Pre-Paid College Savings Plan to promote enrollment of your VPK child into this program now and have their college paid for before graduation! Click the image below for more information.
- Florida Department of Education (Early Learning & VPK Info)
- Department of Children & Families (DCF) VPK Provider Search and Profile
- Duval County Public Schools
- Additional Resources
Readiness Rates are determined by a series of assessments given to public kindergarten students in the first 30 days of Kindergarten.
- To see an illustration of how VPK Readiness Rates are calculated, CLICK HERE.
- Duval County VPK Providers Readiness Rates
- VPK Readiness Rate Search
- Visit our Reports & Research page to view ELC of Duval's Annual Report, school readiness rates. etc.
Providers On Probation (POP) are those who fall below 70% of children scoring "Ready" on the Florida Kindergarten Readiness Screener (FLKRS). The minimum rate is adopted by the State Board of Education.
Announcements & Events
GROW UP GREAT CHILDREN'S CLOSET
The Grow Up Great Children's Closet has a new location. Read More
READ, READ, READ!
Did you know that reading to infants and young children promotes brain development? Try these read aloud
Enroll Now for VPK!
Enroll now in Florida's Voluntary Pre-Kindergarten Education Program. Read More
CALLING ALL FOUR YEAR OLDS!
Sign up for Jax Kids free book club here Read More
CHECK US OUT!
A Day without Child Care